“Enders Game sounds more vital and forward-thinking than many of the bands they’re influenced by… for as much as they borrow from various styles of metal and hardcore, they come out with something wholly unique and extraordinary.” – Mike Misiak, Southeast Performer Magazine
Formed in the Winter of 2001, ENDERS GAME released two EPs (Game Over and Breathe New Life) and recorded a third unreleased (due to line-up changes) full-length album before cementing the current line-up and releasing their latest full-length album, What We’ve Lost, in the Spring of 2010.
Listen to the music, and you immediately realize that you are experiencing something uncommon in today’s splintered and often cliché metal genre: a pure metal band offering solid songwriting instead of gimmick. Their music takes foundations in yesterday’s Thrash metal and fuses it with modern rhythms, plenty of hooks, memorable guitar solos and intelligible vocals. Asked about their songwriting goals, the band says, “When we write each song, we follow two guiding principles: write music we ourselves want to listen to, and write melodies so catchy you find yourself humming them long after the track has stopped playing.”
What We’ve Lost promises to skyrocket the band’s career to new heights, featuring the drums of Kevin Talley (Dååth, Misery Index, Dying Fetus) and guest solos by Emil Werstler and Eyal Levi of Dååth and Levi/Werstler.
- Opened for the acts In Flames, Soilwork, Chimaira, Daath, Unearth, Silent Civilian, Arsis, Taproot, Gnostic, Straight Line Stitch
- 2006 Atlantis Music Conference performing artist
- Worldwide distribution on iTunes, Amazon.com and other digital download sites
- Airplay on Pandora Internet Radio
- Featured on 2004 Lifeless Records compilation, A Treasury of Sorrows, distributed at the 2003 New England Metal and Hardcore Festival
ENDERS GAME is: Shon Harp – Vocals & Bass, Jarrod Johnson – Guitars, Dave Merrill – Guitars